Everything You Need to Successfully Fundraise on GiveNOLA Day!
GiveNOLA Day is an online giving event organized to ignite the giving community on May 2nd with early giving starting April 17th. The goal is to inspire others to come together for to contribute as many charitable dollars as possible. We hope our supporters from all over the world will join us in supporting GiveNOLA Day! Use this fundraising toolkit to ensure success!
- If you have a picture with Steve, Team Gleason, or a picture from a TG event, include it to help with engagement!
- The more personalized you make your ask, the more likely people will engage and share!
- Share the impact making a donation on GiveNOLA Day will have on the ALS community (i.e. Your support can help cover the cost for someone with ALS to record and bank their voice!)
- Make your goal clear and invite people to help you reach it. (i.e. I’m looking for a 10 friends to donate $10. Will you consider making a donation to help me reach my goal)
SAMPLE EMAIL –
Dear [INSERT NAME],
I hope this finds you well. Today is GiveNOLA Day, an online giving event organized to ignite the giving community and raise as many charitable dollars as possible. I hope you will join me today in supporting Team Gleason and the ALS community. ALS is not a one size fits all disease, which is why Team Gleason aims to find solutions that fit an individual’s specific needs and lifestyle. Over the last 11 years, Team Gleason has become the leading provider of technology and equipment for the ALS community across the country. Their program services empower individuals and families living with ALS with the tools and resources needed to live a meaningful life.
Please consider making a donation of $10 or more before midnight – click here to support the ALS community today.
No White Flags!
[INSERT YOUR SIGNATURE]
TIPS FOR POSTING ON SOCIAL
- Use hashtags to increase your visibility! Try #GiveNOLADay and #NoWhiteFlags so we can see your posts!
- Don’t forget to tag @TeamGleason in your posts and stories!
- Different people are on different platforms! Try sharing on more than one platform, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
- Don’t forget to include this link: https://www.givenola.org/teamgleason
SAMPLE SOCIAL POSTS
Hi friends! #GiveNOLA Day is an online giving event organized to ignite the giving community. The goal is to inspire others to come together to contribute as many charitable dollars as possible. We hope supporters from all over the world will join us in supporting GiveNOLA Day! Did you know? If you make a donation for as little as $10 you can help Team Gleason win an additional $7,500 for the 9th year in a row for having the most GiveNOLA Day donors! It’s a win/win, because you have a chance to win! Donate now and see all the fun prizes! https://www.givenola.org/teamgleason
Help Team Gleason continue to provide technology, equipment, and more for people living with ALS. #GiveNOLA Day starts May 2nd, but you can schedule your donation now! Help us reach our goal of 2,000 donors and raise $150,000 in 24 hours. You can also win some Team Gleason swag! Donate here: https://www.givenola.org/teamgleason
Happy #GiveNOLA Day! If just 10 of my friends donates $10, we can help Team Gleason reach their goal of 2,000 donors in 24 hours! Let’s help Team Gleason raise $150,000 to better serve the ALS community! Comment below to let me know you’ve joined in! #NoWhiteFlags https://www.givenola.org/teamgleason
- Posts with images attract more views and engagement!
- Add one of these graphics to your post to show your support and encourage others!
- Share these on your Instagram story and tag others to challenge them!