Team Gleason is committed to providing solutions for people living with ALS through leading edge technology, equipment, and services.
There is no universal “best” technology. Team Gleason recommends that each individual works with their care team to find the best solution for their unique situation.
Team Gleason’s mission is to provide innovative technology and equipment to individuals living with ALS to help improve and empower their life experiences. With expertise in communication, home automation, and alternative mobility, Team Gleason aims to empower families to access and use the available technologies. This is done through a number of grants and program services including:
- Communication Device Copays and Loaners
- Support Services
- Seat Elevator Grants
- Voice Banking, Message Banking™ & ‘Double Dipping’
If you would like to apply for one of the above program services, please fill out the Needs Assistance Application on our website. A member of the Team Gleason Equipment and Technology Team will reach out to you via email to provide an overview of the grant process and to schedule a phone call.
To be considered for a grant, we ask that:
- The application should be completed by the person with ALS requesting assistance, a family member with the applicant’s knowledge or consent, or an associate of the family with their knowledge and consent.
- A valid email address is provided
- Other avenues for assistance have been tried (ie: the equipment is not covered by insurance and not available through a local loan closet)
In addition to the above services, Team Gleason also aims to provide information and to help innovate with the leading manufacturers in both medical and consumer equipment to raise the bar on the technologies available to all individuals.