Join Team Gleason
About Team Gleason
Team Gleason Foundation was founded by former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason after his diagnosis with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) in 2011. Team Gleason’s mission is to improve life for people living with ALS by delivering innovative technology and equipment and providing and empowering an improved life experience.
Since 2011, Team Gleason has provided over $18 million in adventure, technology, equipment, and care services to over 20,000 people living with ALS in all 50 states.
As an advocate on the national stage, Team Gleason is also a credible voice and passionate advocate for driving positive change – elevating needs and recommendations to the medical device and technology industries and working closely with legislators and policymakers around necessary changes to ensure coverage evolves as technology evolves, and that cost of care is never prohibitive.
Content is the voice of our organization and the best way to tell the world about Team Gleason.
Team Gleason is seeking a Copywriting Intern with a passion for blog-writing, ad copy, telling stories, and social engagement to assist the marketing team. We are looking for an individual to intern in New Orleans at the Team Gleason office. The ideal candidate for this role is an effective written/verbal communicator, organized, and passionate about writing.
- Work with Marketing team to develop, write, and edit content
- Assist with research and development of various topics
- Help manage the voice and tonality of Team Gleason in written content
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to create compelling stories
- Strong organization, problem-solving, multi-tasking and time management skills
- A strong understanding of messaging, positioning and audience segmentation
- Team player, positive attitude, and passionate for community engagement
- Seeking degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, or similar field
- Proficient research and writing skills
- Blog writing, social media, email marketing, content development experience
- Photography and graphic design skills are a plus (e.g., Photoshop, Canva, InDesign)
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kacie.Banegas@TeamGleason.org